Employment Based Immigration, H1-B Visa


Highly educated foreign professionals in “specialty occupations” that require a bachelor’s level degree or equivalent Training.

Yearly limit

65,000 per year, plus 20,000 more for foreign professionals with a Masters or Doctoral degree from a U.S. university.

Length of visa

Three years, with a renewal for up to six years total.

Permanent employment visa eligible

H-1B visa holders may be sponsored for permanent visas by their employers.

Need labor certification?

No, but the employer must attest on a labor condition application (LCA) certified by the Dept. of Labor that the employment of such worker will not adversely affect the wages and working conditions of similarly employed U.S. workers.

May they bring spouses and children?

Yes, spouses and children under 21 may enter but may not work